Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Two days under my belt

So, I've now attended each of my classes once. My thoughts are that some will be more work than others... and I'll be reading a LOT of scripts!! :^D I am the oldest in every one of my classes, except for the professors/teachers (and there are a couple I question - LOL). At least two classes require group projects/presentations - UGH! In case any of you have missed my rantings about group "things" in the past -- I can't stand them! Typically, at least half of the participants don't pull their weight. I guess I can be hopeful that it is different here. (sigh)

Tomorrow is my first day working at the bowling alley. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

As far as settling in the apartment, I have 5-6 boxes of "miscelleaneous" stuff that needs to be gone through, closets to organize, and the entertainment center needs to be set up. All in all not too bad. I haven't figured out the couch situation yet, but I am getting pretty comfy on the chaise lawn chair. :^D The couch is still in Rhinelander and I don't know if it is worth getting down here due to the price of gas to haul that baby. LOL It may end up being a Goodwill donation. It's definitely not a big worry for me - just more floor space for guests!

Time to get reading some of the textbooks. I want to at least start the semester on track! Who knows maybe this anti-procrastination philosophy is starting to stick...

P.S. The cats have adjusted already! YIPPEE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...oldest in the class! Way to go! I am glad to hear things are starting out on the right track (staying ahead instead the procrastinating!). Take at you later,D

Anonymous said...

Oh, No! Group things. Ugh! i hope things go better there than here. I'd hate to see you go through the misery, again! I'm glad to see things are going well for you. I hope your first day at work wasn't too tramatic! Later, Teri

Deb said...

Thanks for your sympathy Teri... And as for you, D, :^P