Monday, September 12, 2005

Errrrr ..... Computers!

I really feel sorry for the layperson who is unfamiliar with the temperment of those BEASTS called computers. I just spent a couple of hours screwing around with my printer trying to get it to print something I need for class tomorrow morning! I changed the print cartridge (it was almost out of color ink) - brand new, right out of the package, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the printhead, uninstalled and installed the print drivers, and as a last resort, I tried a different ink cartridge.... SUCCESS!! Now, the question I face is whether to attempt to return this faulty print cartridge.... yeah, right! As of this moment, I believe my sanity is worth just counting the $20 as a loss.

Today I put in 2.25 hours towards my 40 hours of "free labor" in the theatre. This part of the 40 hours (16 hours) is in the costume shop. The first assignment was to create a "Barbie apron" which was designed to test our sewing abilities. I, fortunately, can sew (if I have to) and whipped that baby out in a half hour (that includes ripping out a seam because I didn't like how the gather looked - LOL) - that left me with a lot of time to explore the features/stiches of the sewing machine... Thanks Mom for teaching me how to sew!!

Time for me to curl up with a nice, thick textbook and read about theatre operations and mangement ... five chapters to read by Wednesay... Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sewing hey, you are awesome. You sound like an 18 year old college student. Except for the expertise with the printer - mine has not worked for about 6 months because I changed the cartridge and and some belt like thing is just sticking out now and will not go back in. I like your blog thing. I will send you a real email answer about the partylite. Kathy

Deb said...

Uh-oh... doesn't sound good!

Anonymous said...

HEY, the printer thing sounds like the usual problem I have with computers! Yeah, moms are great for teaching us things we need later in life...God bless them. D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is going well! Looks like you're settling in pretty easily... good for you! Have fun!