Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

I worked today at the bowling alley and was really surprised that anyone came in.  But after two hours by myself, a few people came in.  The good thing was that I was able to get out of there at 8:00 tonight.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to get moving early tomorrow morning and head north since it looks like Wisconsin has some snow coming in later tomorrow.  

I’ve been thinking about most of my posts in this blog and have realized that so many of them are negative, so I’d like to comment on my favorite class.  It’s Survey of Modern Drama, which is actually a theatre history class.  It covers the years of 1875 to 1945.   We cover the history part and then read plays that correspond with that period.  There were a total of four six-page papers that needed to be completed and, of course, I have figured out how to score 40 out of 40 points, while waiting until the last possible seven hours before it was due to begin writing them.  The first paper was 35/40, the next two 40/40, and I’m still waiting for the results of the last one.  It was due last Monday at midnight, so I was a multi-tasking fool while the Packers played – submitted with 40 minutes to spare.  :^D  For each play that is read, a one-page, single space, summary needs to be written.   This actually is pretty tough for me since I can only turn in one page and I really haven’t figured out the summarization part and I include lots and lots of detail.  The Professor has commented that he is amazed at how many words I can fit on a page.  LOL Sometimes the print and margins get pretty small.  Next semester I have Contemporary Drama, which covers 1946 to Present.  Then next year, both semesters I’ll have the early years:  origin to 1550, and 1550 to 1875.  I love learning the history part of theatre, and I love that I’ve figured this Professor out in regards to grading.  Good thing he teaches all four classes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY...I didn't get to see you when you came up to visit last time. Next time I will have to hunt you down and have a "soda" or something. Hopefully soon? D and Silmari