Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day #1 - Scene Shop

Well, after dreading spending the afternoon in the scene shop, I have to say it really wasn’t bad. I found it interesting watching the others in the shop – of course, there is the guy who doesn’t want to do anything but run the power tools – the guy who milks his time in the shop like carrying one board at a time instead of two or even three – and the guy/girl who disappears whenever there is a crappy job.  LOL I have two more afternoons this week, then only the next three Monday afternoons.  We are building the set for “The Crucible” which will be performed the beginning of December.  I’m curious to see the completed set as all I’ve seen today was one small blueprint of a portion of it.  I’ll keep you posted.  

Oh, yea, I almost forgot about an update on my freshman level class – Intro to Theatre.  Last week there was an incident with a group of freshmen who were passing notes and whispering during Prof. T’s lecture.  Prof. T stopped speaking and called the group of “kids” out - one more time and they “know what would happen.”  <hee hee> Well, that happened on Wednesday and it wasn’t until Friday when we found out “what would happen.”  He said he felt it was necessary to explain that anyone interfering with him doing his job would be given one warning and then they would be essentially kicked out of the class.  Apparently he hasn’t had to give this lecture in quite a few years.  Hello People – This is college – we are paying for these classes!!!  Oh, well, maybe your mom and dad are ….  I’m glad I don’t have too many of these freshman level classes.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your prof. sounds as if he is using parenting skills too! hehe. Freshmen, gotta love 'em! (or beat the crap out of them) D