Saturday, December 03, 2005

Let It Snow!

It’s snowing here… and it’s really added to the Holiday feeling. That and I just got home from working at the Holiday Gala at the college. It’s the annual fundraising event for music scholarships. Between the silent auction, donations, and the actual proceeds from tickets, it seems we exceeded last year’s total by $1,500. Yippee! One thing I’m learning is that so much of my future career can, and probably will, depend on fundraising and grant writing. Blah! The good news is that there are some theatres that are non-profit AND do not depend on these efforts – but I have a feeling they are in the minority. It's a good thing for me to keep in mind when I’m pounding the pavement in a few years.

Tomorrow’s agenda includes: reading A Streetcar Named Desire, designing and practicing makeup for an 80 year old woman, rewriting a ticket services training manual, practicing my French lines, developing marketing strategies for my “pretend” presenting season, doing housework featuring laundry and dishes, watching the Packers, and then, finishing up with hanging Christmas decorations. Hmmm…. I think it’s going to be a full day… Oh, yeh, I really should do a winter/summer clothing exchange … capris are not doing me any good now! LOL

No comments: