Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Good Thing or Bad Thing???

So, tonight the bowling alley finally had their "holiday celebration." Before I left the apartment, I looked in my wallet, grabbed some $$$$, and decided I better bring an ID. HaHa I was the first to arrive at the bar, even though I left 10 minutes late. Anyways ... I ordered my drink and then ... finally everyone else arrived. As they ordered their drinks, they were carded, an exercise that I was able to "avoid." (We all know what a "hassle" it is to be carded.) Anyways, as the night progressed most everyone needed to call it an early night for some reason or another. I ended up traveling to other bars with a co-worker. It wasn't until our third stop farther on down the road that as I was finally carded. LOL I loved the response I heard, as I whooped and hollered, "Congratulations, you have to be the oldest person that I've ever carded." Is this a compliment????? I cajoled the bouncer and told him that since I was the oldest person that he's carded he definitely should buy me a drink. LOL Unfortunately, most of the younger "gentlemen" in this town are 'low in funds.' Oh well.... the night wasn't a total loss... I managed to show some skills on the billiards tables and tried to instruct one of the youngsters on the appropriate way to jump a ball.... what a waste of time.... Anyways.... time to call it a night!

No comments: