Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Feeling like a guinea pig

Yesterday morning when I woke up I didn't feel right. Nothing hurt, just didn't have much energy. I contributed it to the weekend. But when I woke this morning, I could tell that I'm starting to get sick - got that "extra sensitive" nose, my eyes feel funky, and just a little something in my throat - not quite a tickle, but feeling like I have to clear my throat a lot. I'm fortunate to tell a couple of days out that I'm going to be sick. Nice, eh? Anyways, I decided I'd beef up the Vitamin C and trek to Wal-Mart to buy some ZICAM. I've been seeing the ads on TV but haven't known anyone that has used it. I decided to buy the 'rapidmelt' version instead of the nasal spray or the nasal swabs. YUK! Mistake. Cherry flavored- my butt! There is only a hint of cherry flavor and it reminds me of alum .... really puckers (drys out) the mouth. And you can't eat or drink anything for 15 minutes after! I've taken three doses so far today ... every three hours per instructions. Next time - nasal spray! That is if this stuff really works. I'll be the guinea pig and see if it "actually shortens the cold" as their advertising claims ... although who really knows how long a cold lasts????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it shortens a cold, but it does work--and with no drugs. No side effects. Lovely stuff. Another thing to try is Claritin (get the generic Walmart kind)... one pill every 24 hours! Good luck and feel better!

Deb said...

Well, I couldn't take anymore of those rapidmelts so I purchased the nasal spray. The only restriction is that you can't blow your nose for 30 seconds. Not too terrible! It's now Thursday night though and I'm in full-blown cold mode. After reading the box more closely, I see that it "shortens the cold," but doesn't lessen the symptoms. LOL Perhaps, I'll be feeling better then by tomorrow morning! I can only hope....

Anonymous said...

I always found that a little brandy, lemon, and honey help. Ok, maybe not a little. D