Friday, October 21, 2005

It's Friday once again...

Hey there everyone!

Sorry for not posting earlier, but it's been a week from HELL -- a week of papers, mid-terms, and labs -- it's finally over and, overall, I did well (more reinforcement for my procrastination techniques). I have a few things that are still out grade-wise, but I'm feeling pretty confident about them.

Tuesday, this week, I met with my advisor to identify my classes for next semester. Next semester's time schedule will be close to what I have now, Monday through Friday, no classes before 11:00 am and finished by 2:30p. My classes include: Script Analysis, Intro to Theatre Tech, Non-Profit Arts Management, Contemporary Drama, and Organizational Behavior (an HR/Management class). The Intro Tech class has a committment of 32 practicum hours in costume, lighting, and scene shop - a little lighter than the Intro to Theatre class. This spring I will also be coordinating the children's tour that happens next fall - making the contacts with the schools, etc. This project will complete the needed 3 credits of publicity/managment practicum and I'm guessing it'll be quite a bit of work. Also, because the children's play doesn't go on tour until October of 2006, the practicum will carry over into two semesters. I'm actually excited about getting this experience!

This week I finished my lighting hours. Since there is only so much to do and a lot of people to do it, only 8 hours was needed ... the lights were hung on Mon, Tue, & Wed, and then focused on Thu and Fri. I did a little of each on Tuesday and Thursday - spent some time in the catwalks above the seats in the theatre. At first I was a little hestitant to reach out over the railing to put the gels in the lights, but soon it was nothing. It was actually pretty cool. I haven't had much, if any, experience in this area. Today they were going to finish focusing the lights on stage ... big, tall ladder -- not a place for Deb! I had a difficult time with the seven-foot ladder and ten-foot ceilings my apartment on Dahl St.

Well, have a good weekend everyone! I'm working tonight and tomorrow morning at the bowling alley ... maybe I'll be able to get some reading done. Haha

P.S. It's been homecoming week! Go Warhawks! (whatever)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you stock will go up!D