Thursday, August 24, 2006

Work Work Work

I talked with the Dean of the College last week and confirmed that I'll be staying on throughout the school year! Yippee!! I'll work between 20 and 30 hours a week, depending on the projects that I have going on. The core of my job duties will be working with the Director of Advancement on fundraising/marketing/development projects and then coordinating the programs for the music recitals. I wouldn't have thought the latter would be a big deal, but there are 40 in the fall semester alone. The headache will be getting the program information from the faculty and students in a timely fashion. There is a faculty member that is already two and half weeks late getting his information in..... errrrr! I wonder if that means the programs can be two and half weeks late... haha! Since the programs are sent out for printing, it gets to be a big pain.

I guess with each job comes some frustration. Good news though! As part of my job with Advancement, in October I'll be heading to the Packer ProShop to hang out with an UW-Whitewater Alum who has written a book - "Mudbaths & Bloodbaths: The Inside Story of the Bears-Packers Rivalry." He is having a book signing at the ProShop and part of sales will be given back to the College of Arts and Communication. He's a Communications graduate that works for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Both the Dean and the Director are busy, so they are sending me. Should be kind of a fun project -- It would be better if it was a game day, and I had a free ticket to the game.... oh well

No comments: