Monday, August 07, 2006

Quick trip to Rhlder!

Last week I made a day/night trip to Rhinelander to join in a Nicolet Players celebration/volunteer appreciation. I had a BLAST!! I saw several people I haven't seen in a while and jogged my memory about past Nicolet productions. Thanks to Jim, Kay, and Kristin for all their work in putting together this shindig. (Note: I'm going to steal this idea when I have my own theatre!) :^D

The past week at the college I've been updating the Theatre/Dance Department website - putting the 2005-06 and summer season into the archives and getting the 06-07 season on the website. Feel free to check out the website:
http://academics.uww.edu/CAC/Theatre/Season.htm (06-07 Season)
http://academics.uww.edu/CAC/Theatre/archivesnew/archives.htm (archives)

Today I met with the stage manager of a production called The Center Line. I'm going to coordinate the publicity and promotion of this ALL student production. Written by a fellow student, this play is completely student driven - all the design, acting, directing, publicity, etc. is done by the students. The only involvement of the college has been .... "yep, you can rehearse and perform here." With it opening Sept. 1st, I had better get moving - less than four weeks. Since it's a student driven production, I have to work on it outside of my hours at the college... rightfully so. This week is going to be tough since I'm working 40 hours at the college and 38 at the bar ... ugh! But I think I can get the script read and a draft of the press release written on Wednesday night. LOL Good thing I work well with deadlines!

No comments: