Friday, May 19, 2006

Interview Update

Well, I had one of the two interviews scheduled for last week.

The interview with Ticket Services/Box Office didn't happen as the supervisor was AWOL. When I arrived for the interview the lead person told me that the supervisor hadn't been in all day and didn't know when or if she'd be coming in. The appointment was for 1:15 pm and I was the customary 5 minutes early. The lead person told me not to bother sticking around since it she didn't know what was going on, so I left about 1:20 pm. A couple of hours later I had a voice mail that from the supervisor. She apparently had the wrong time written down and that she would get in contact with me next week. Well... the week has come and gone and I haven't heard from her. The more contacts I have with her, or don't have with her, the more I think I don't really want a job there. LOL It's been suggested though that I at least try a semester there as it would "look good on the resume". I guess I'll see how I feel after I actually have an interview.

The interview at Hammer's went well and I start training on Monday after I get done work at the college. They actually have three training days scheduled for me. Jeez ... how much training do they think I need to bartend? LOL They know I've been bartending for over two years now. Oh well, I guess I can't fault them for not giving me enough training. It just a fill-in position, probably one day a week to start out with. Perhaps it will turn into more days a week though by the end of the summer and I can stop working at the bowling alley.

No comments: