Saturday, February 03, 2007

BRRRRRR!!!

It is 1:45p and -4 outside …. I know it’s winter, but I’ve gotten a little spoiled. heehee The good thing is there is only six or so weeks left of it.

So far - so good with school. I’m now two weeks into the semester and things are going as planned. At 5:00p yesterday I completed 27 of my 40 hours that I need to work in the scene shop and will be finished by the end of the day Thursday…. Yeah! It’s been a completely different experience this year. I'm liking it. Perhaps, I’ve proven that I can read a blueprint or know how to use the different tools, but I’ve actually had “projects” like building stairs and making/covering/priming flats (walls) this semester and haven’t been a “grunt” that does all the crappy jobs. But then again, there are new people in the theatre program for that. ; ^ )

As far as work goes, I finally put my notice in at the bowling alley – last day is Wednesday. It’s just been too many hours to keep up with the homework and keep my sanity. There were some horrific spots last semester and I don’t want that to happen again. The belt might need to be tightened financially, but my car should be paid off in the next month or two so that will help.

Okay.... break time is over … time to get back to Shakespeare and The Tempest. Thank heavens for Cliff Notes! It's like reading it twice, but at least I'm understanding the details. : ^ D

No comments: