Saturday, April 08, 2006

Update on my life...

Last weekend, early Monday morning, I finished THE group project from hell... A group of four really meant two of us working on the project which was a grant proposal. Since it was Spring Break, I knew it was going to be a challenge. But all they had to do was email their portions to me by Thursday. Nope -- didn't happen. After many, many emails, I finally got the last of the information Sunday night around 11:30 pm. I worked on the project until 4:00 Monday morning and emailed it to everyone to review so I could submit by our deadline of 10:30am Monday. I only heard back from ONE of the three people, but submitted it anyway. I almost came uncorked when one of the unresponsive group members asked me later that day... "Whatever happened to our grant 'thingy?' Her response to my statement "Obviously you didn't check your email" was "Oh yeh, I was busy this weekend and haven't checked it since Saturday." ERRRRRRRR I understand that the whole group project process is supposed to foster team work. But in the real world, I wouldn't have to work with these slackers since I'D FIRE THEIR A$$. LOL I'm so thankful that I don't have anymore projects with that group. This was the second project of the semester - the first one didn't go much better.

I hate group projects! Grrr

Only five more weeks of the semester with the last week exclusively for exams. I met with my advisor to talk about my classes for fall and found out some information about Disney. Apparently, students don't really have much say in what duties they do at Disney during 'internships' and she has known some students to work as housekeepers or parking attendants. Not really what I had in mind. She said that I don't need an internship because of all the hands-on experience I'll have by graduation, but if I was still interested there are possibilities locally - Milwaukee or Madison. I was bummed about Disney not being what I had hoped, but glad that I won't be wasting a semester on the unknown. I know this though ... after I'm finished with school.... "I'm going to Disney!" It'll be time for a vacation!

No comments: